Fixing your credit
Since the recession, we have seen many people having problems with their credit. Having good credit is important to buy a car, rent or buy a house, getting credit cards and having low interest rates. But how do you get good credit?
It takes time to build up good credit, have patience because you will not see your credit score jump quickly. By having a steady income and paying your bills on time, your credit will improve over time.
The following steps will assist you with being educated and knowing how to protect yourself from scams.
- Check www.annualcreditreport.com to see what is on your credit report. This is a free service and you can view all three credit reporting agencies reports at the same time once every twelve months, or you can check on one every four months to continually track what is in your credit report.
- Avoid credit repair scams. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has a web-site dedicated to how to avoid scams and what to do if there is something incorrectly reported on your credit.
- Be educated. Understand your rights and how to make educated decisons about your credit. FTC Credit & Loan.
- Make a budget and stick to it. By planning ahead you can anticipate expenses and start saving up for emergencies.
- Monitor your credit score. There are some credit cards that offer this with their cards as a free service or there are ways to buy access to your score. We know of one web-site, creditkarma.com that gives you an estimate of your credit score based on what is in your credit report for free. The one drawback about this site is that it is full of advertisements.
Just remember, good credit takes time and doesn't happen overnight, but with conscientious effort and planning ahead, it will come.
When you are ready to buy a home or have questions about how to buy a home, give us a call. We would be happy to discuss with you your goals and how to make your goals a reality.
Contact Erna and Petur Sigurdsson, Realtors at The Viking Team, Realty at 321-263-5096 for help buying or selling a home in Longwood, Lake Mary, Altamonte Springs, Sanford, Seminole and Orange County and the surrounding areas of Central Florida. To Search For Homes For Sale in Central Florida Click Here.